director of Communications
Pike Brewing Company is seeking a Director of Communications to join our team. This is a multi-faceted and hands-on job, responsible for both daily communications and longer term campaigns and strategies. Interested candidates will have professional social media and public relations experience, strong writing skills, a knack for building partnerships and a passion for craft beer. This position supports all parts of Pike Brewing’s business, including the brewery and two dynamic restaurants and is the primary voice for all external communications.
· Create engaging, daily content and respond to social fans on Pike Brewing’s social media channels.
· Develop and maintain a content calendar that includes longer-term social campaigns and well timed releases of key stories.
· Maintain all content on PikeBrewing.com, including regularly updating with new beers, events, photos and blog content.
· Work with food, beer, travel and local media to share stories about Pike Brewing.
· Support Pike’s sales team in creating and coordinating campaigns to lift on and off premise sales along with distributor communications.
· Drive ticket sales and excitement for Pike Brewing’s signature and community events while working alongside the events team to produce and enhance events.
· Professionally represent Pike Brewing at craft beer festivals and tastings.
· Identify and build relationships with influencers and Pike Brewing’s fans.
· Regularly communicate with Pike’s fans and media contacts via engaging email content and media releases.
· Communicate beer releases and details amongst brewery and restaurant staff and distributors.
· Plan, budget and coordinate advertising spending, including digital and print.
· Maintain an organized repository of beer, brewery and restaurant imagery along with brand logos for in-house and external use.
· Passionate craft beer enthusiast with a demonstrated ability to communicate with fans of the industry.
· At least 2 years of professional social media experience and proficiency with scheduling and analytics tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer and Facebook Ads Manager.
· Must have a working knowledge of all major social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google and YouTube.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), website management tools (Squarespace preferred) along with basic Photoshop skills. Adobe InDesign, LightRoom and Premier Pro experience a huge bonus.
· Strong copywriting skills with high attention to detail.
· Above average photography and video skills preferred along with an ability to guide professional photographers.
· Highly creative while still being organized and strategic in all communications.
· College level degree desired; experience in marketing and craft beer a plus.
· Engage consistently with social media and employ a proactive understanding to emerging digital trends.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills along with sound decision making and problem solving skills.
· Proven self-starter, able to direct your own workload and flex and change priorities and tasks as needed.
The Pike Brewing Company is an iconic family and independently owned craft beer brewing company. Pike Brewing is known for handcrafting beers of character, being fiercely local and committed to quality. Pike Brewing is the ninth largest craft brewer in Washington State and is offered at bars, restaurants, taps and retail outlets throughout the Northwest. In addition to the downtown brewery, Pike Brewing also operates The Pike Pub and Tankard & Tun restaurant at the brewery.
People from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to Drew Gillespie, Owner and Vice President Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org